Strange Travel Morons - Actual Complaints Received by "Thomas Cook Holidays"
THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK HOLIDAYS".
1. "I think your brochure should explain that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time --
this should be banned."
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
4. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
5. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
6. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
7. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."
8. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer."
9. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
10. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the guide book during the bus ride.
Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
11. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
12. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends'
three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
13. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort'.
We're hairdressers and we think they made us wait longer for service."
14. "When we were in Spain there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish.
No one told us there would be so many foreigners."
15. "We had to line up outdoors to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
16. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
17. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
18. "My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed.
We hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant.
This would not have happened if you had put us in a room with twin beds."